Through this page you can have a live video calls with Master Yue. This system will work as one-to-one or one to many with very little change of equipment.
The Video Call System
After further testing and development we have a new system for video calls with Master Yue. It uses the same software that is used for the video broadcasts and provides a high quality image. We have described below the equipment that you will need and how it will operate.
- Laptop PC (may work on a Mac but has not been tested)
- WebCam – Logitech C920 works well (this includes a reasonable microphone)
- Speakers – enough for all to hear Master Yue
- A web browser
- An Internet connection – The faster the better.
- A copy of AnyDesk running on the laptop
- A screen or projector that gives an image big enough for all to see. The resolution should be HD (1920×1080). We will not make any recommendations for suitable devices.
- Plug all of the equipment together
- In your browser check the connection to the camera, microphone and speaker.
- Please do not leave the set up to the beginning of the lesson
- A URL link will be given by Master Yue, this may be fixed.
It will look like https://vmix.at/1wFnO0
You will be given a 10 character password.
- Put that link into the browser and insert your name into the first box. If the password is missing put it in the second box.
- set up your camera, microphone and speakers to work through your browser.
- You will immediately see a small image from your camera in your browser so you can see what is sent to Master Yue
- (If the call is rejected it may be that there is either a corruption of the link or it is in use)
- Please be careful with the placement of the loudspeakers and the webcam microphone to avoid feedback.
- Once Master Yue is streaming the main window will show the his end and you will be able to talk to Master Yue.
- There will be a short delay on the video and voice that will depend on the distance between the sites and Internet delays.
- See the pictures below for more information for the on-screen buttons.
- To terminate the call click the red handset.
- Download and install the Webcam control software from:
- The download speed should not be a problem but Upload is important for the quality that Master Yue sees, 1.2Mbps will give good results.
- AnyDesk can be downloaded from https://anydesk.com/remote-desktop and is our way of giving support from afar.
- Check your Firewall and Antivirus that they allow the connection of the devices to the Internet.
Using a mobile phone as a camera
If it necessary to use a mobile phone as the camera then we advise displaying the stream from Master Yue on your computer screen.
- In a browser on your phone make the call with the provided URL
- Set up the camera and microphone
- On the computer go to limingyue.co.uk log in and from the menu select:
Video Teaching – Video Live Stream
- Connect speakers to the computer.
- Otherwise it is the same as for a Laptop
We plan to have a calendar system in the future to enable you to request and book one to one sessions.